Sunday, November 2, 2008

Assignment 3c Sonoma Valley and Ukiah

Sonoma Valley


Ukiah



For this final part in Project C I choose to look at two inland areas that I am very familiar with. I have grown up in California, but my best friend, and second parents are from Ukiah. This study relates to humanities, by showing my classmates different perspectives of cities that are close to home. They may learn something about a town that they have driven by for years, and just have never had the chance to stop and see what it was actually like.

When talking about Sonoma Valley, everyone always jus assumes that wine is all we have to offer. They also think it’s a little small town that really isn’t that interesting or exciting. As for Ukiah everyone just thinks it’s a town of druggies, because of its location in the California green triangle, and because of its problems with meth productions.

Similarities between Sonoma and Ukiah include them both being surrounded by regions known for there wine. They both have amazing sushi restaurant (random fact yes). They also both have only one high school.

Differences would include, Sonoma being a lot closer to San Francisco, as well as the beach, Ukiah though has a beautiful lake just outside the town. Ukiah is large then Sonoma by about 5,000 residents.

I know that Sonoma has a couple of famous residents, like John Lasseter of Pixar, is Ukiah home to anyone famous?

I really liked reading Carly’s Blog from last week. She picked Newport Beach, and Pacific Beach. I thought it was really interesting that she thought to compare home prices in each area, and how that gave us a different insight on each location. I also thought she made a really good point about the culture of both places, how they bring vacationers to California to experience the amazing weather and great surfing.








No comments: