
For my trip to the coast I decided to look at two beaches that are really close to each other, Muir Beach and Bolinas Beach. These beaches both are surrounded by things I love to do. Muir beach is just a short hike from Muir Woods and is surrounded by breath taking views. Bolinas beach is a great place for the beginner surfer, which is what I would consider myself. The waves are small, the water is freezing, and the people are very friendly. At Muir beach you can end your afternoon with a campfire, while t Bolinas beach you can begin your day with bird and seal watching, or ocean kayaking.
There are definitely more stereotypes for Bolinas beach. Tourists are not welcome here, the locals have gone so far as to remove the town sign for the highway so if you don’t know your way around, don’t look for a “friendly” local to ask. I’ve read in a few places that Muir beach is considered a nude beach but have never actually experienced that myself.
Both beaches are very dog friendly, they have good beginner size waves for surfers, and they both don’t have water or bathrooms.
Muir beach is definitely smaller the Bolinas. At Muir beach you don’t have to worry about the locals trying to run you out of town, and parking if very easy to find. Bolinas though has a very northern California feel to it and is very hippie friendly.
I’d like to know more about the people behind each beach. At Muir beach there isn’t really a town near by so why do people choose to go there? Also how common are shark attacks. I know that at Bolinas beach, since its only 3 miles from Stinson, shark attacks do occur, but what about at Muir beach?
When looking a Sam’s blog from last week I thought her location choices were really interesting. I don’t think of Oakland as an International city especially not when you could choose somewhere like San Francisco, or LA or even Sacramento. I did learn that they are both on the top ten largest California cities list, and Oakland although smaller than San Diego has a higher crime rate. Ironically she read my blog from two weeks ago and commented on it here.
There are definitely more stereotypes for Bolinas beach. Tourists are not welcome here, the locals have gone so far as to remove the town sign for the highway so if you don’t know your way around, don’t look for a “friendly” local to ask. I’ve read in a few places that Muir beach is considered a nude beach but have never actually experienced that myself.
Both beaches are very dog friendly, they have good beginner size waves for surfers, and they both don’t have water or bathrooms.
Muir beach is definitely smaller the Bolinas. At Muir beach you don’t have to worry about the locals trying to run you out of town, and parking if very easy to find. Bolinas though has a very northern California feel to it and is very hippie friendly.
I’d like to know more about the people behind each beach. At Muir beach there isn’t really a town near by so why do people choose to go there? Also how common are shark attacks. I know that at Bolinas beach, since its only 3 miles from Stinson, shark attacks do occur, but what about at Muir beach?
When looking a Sam’s blog from last week I thought her location choices were really interesting. I don’t think of Oakland as an International city especially not when you could choose somewhere like San Francisco, or LA or even Sacramento. I did learn that they are both on the top ten largest California cities list, and Oakland although smaller than San Diego has a higher crime rate. Ironically she read my blog from two weeks ago and commented on it here.
Bolinas Beach
Muir Beach
No comments:
Post a Comment