For component B I chose to look at Rebekah’s component A. Her stories and authors were 909 by: Percival Everett, The Line, by: Ruben Martinez, Flirting with Urbanismo, by: Patt Morrison, Waters of Tranquility, by: Carolyn See.
The quote she used from the story Flirting with Urbanismo “Downtown is the perfect plastic heart of a plastic city-- plastic in the meaning of changeable, moldable. Its blocks are the most versatile, and thus the most filmed in the world; it can play almost anything-- just as Angelenos can make themselves into what they wish to be.” pg. 134 really made me think of project 3 when we went on the field trip to the big cities. This is so accurate about Los Angeles they make themselves into what they wish to be.
I didn’t know before reading Rebekah’s blog that there is a place called Shrine Lake in Pacific Palisades. Even though we have down 6 field trips around the world and California, I have never come across this locaction.
When thinking about Freire’s ideas regarding dialogue, Rebekah did a really good just at making me feel like I had read the stories she was talking about. She went into detail, had imagery and really made me feel part of the original story through her interpretation.
I think this project really helped me get a sense of some of the other readings in the textbook. Mine were all about drive in California and places you could go, while Rebekah read about immigration to California and different locations inside California.
No comments:
Post a Comment