Monday, August 25, 2008

Assignment 1a

1. What is your first name?
Alissa

2. Why are you taking this class and what do you hope to learn?
I'm mainly taking this class becuase I've heard great things about the teacher, plus I live in sonoma which makes commuting not so fun! I'm looking to learn about the stories and ideas that help us make sense of our lives and world.

3. How far do you live from SRJC main campus?
I live 19 miles from the main campus...but thats decieving becuase although only 19miles alway its estimates travel time to be around 35 min....and when you're extra lucky you're stuck behind a driver who thinks 35 isan acceptable speed to be cruising at making the quick 35min turn into 45.


4. What do you think of when you think "California"? Does this differ from what non-Californians think and if so, how?
I love california! I've traveled a lot and this is home. Its different from any other place on earth, very diverse very beautiful and in Sonoma County everything is close! Within 3hours you have beach, city, snow and many lakes! What more could you ask for? I think non-Californians are normally just jealous! They wish they were from such an amazing place! I think main stereotypes would be the number of gay people, the number of tree huggers and the number of liberals.

5. Have you created a blog or webpage in the past?
Just once....It didn't work so well...I went to South Africa at the begining of this year and thought it would be a cool way to keep everyone updated....I totally failed and only posted three times in almost four months.

No comments: